HOW TO EXTEND UAE VISA OF DIVORCED WOMEN
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
UAE issues and provides work permits or UAE residence visas to foreign nationals. Foreign citizens planning for a longer stay or to get settled in the UAE can apply for a UAE residence visa. Head, husband, or father of the family often sponsor their spouse and. If the male head or husband of the women dies during their stay in UAE on a residence visa. Then, women do women have to leave the country immediately if the residence or relevant visa is about to expire. Similarly, divorced women do not have to leave the UAE immediately. Widowed women and divorced women are free to stay in UAE a little longer.
The woman is residing in UAE with her husband on a residence visa. The government or immigration department provides special service of UAE visa extension for divorced women and widowed women. The UAE visa extension for divorced women and widowed women can be done for one year. It means that the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship in UAE provides a one-year extension of the residence permit validity. This rule is the new and latest rule enforced especially for divorced and widowed women. The children of the widowed or divorced women can also stay and will be given a one-year extension. The new law passed by the UAE government will help foreign widows and divorcees to manage the status of residence visas.
Generally, any applicant applying for UAE residence visa renewal or extension can only be done with the help of sponsors. But, The UAE residence visa can be extended without a sponsor according to the rule enforced by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs for divorced and widowed women. Women can sponsor themselves for UAE residence visa extension if there are no males in the family. Widowed or divorced women can sponsor their children too.
READ ALSO: HOW TO GET 3 YEARS FREEZONE VISA IN UAE
UAE visa extension starting period
The UAE visa extension period for UAE residence visa renewal begins when the woman's husband dies or from their divorce date. The UAE extension visa period will not remain valid for more than one year. And it does not require a replacement sponsor. This rule will only provide a one-time extension, foreign nationals can only renew it once. The extension can only happen if the residence visa of the husband was valid during the divorce.
Processing time of UAE visa extension for divorced women
The processing time for a residence visa extension will not take more than two days for divorced women.
Procedure for divorce women to renew or apply for UAE visa extension
Divorced women or windowed women can apply for a visa extension from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner Affairs.
- Divorced or widowed women must complete and submit a UAE visa extension application form.
- Submit documents and the required fee.
- If the authority considers the applicant eligible then they will get a one-year extension.
Fee- If you are applying for one year UAE visa extension then it will cost AED 100.
If the divorce foreign national is canceling her UAE visa then it will cost AED 100.
READ ALSO: UAE FIVE YEAR TOURIST VISA
- Valid UAE residence visa
- Divorce certificate and death certificate (of the spouse)
- Women applying for a one-year extension under a divorce or widowed UAE visa extension. She has to provide evidence that she can support her family financially.
Eligibility criteria and requirements
- If the applicant applying for an extension with an invalid visa, then the widowed or divorced woman may not be considered as an eligible candidate.
- The divorced women's visa should be sponsored by the husband.
- It is necessary to provide proof of divorce or death which will be either a divorce certificate or death certificate.
- Applicants will need to show health insurance cards to the authority as per their request.
- Applicants should have proper proof or verification of a house or accommodation availability.
- A medical fitness certificate of the women and children who are 18 years and above is necessary.
- A tenancy agreement in the mothers' name of the children.
READ ALSO: MOFA ATTESTATION IN THE UAE
The divorced women can stay in the United Arab Emirates after the authority accept their request for a one-year extension of residence visa. The UAE visa extension for divorced women and widowed women will not charge any fines and penalties for one year. This new Immigration rule for divorced women provides extra time to them. Divorce or widow will get time to settle and obtain UAE Work Permit.