Detailed Information on Domestic workers right in UAE 2022
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
According to the UAE domestic labor law, there are 41 articles made specific for proper protection and regulation. Maids or servants working in UAE should know about domestic workers' rights. The domestic worker rights in UAE are made on the motive like consent, information, contract details, salary, work environment, rest time, and contract period. In Dubai, residents or citizens hiring helpers or domestic workers should ensure to know about the domestic worker's rights.
The new UAE domestic labor law is valid for,
- Housemaid, house horse groomer, housekeeper, gardener, domestic farmer, or caretaker.
- Private cook, chef, private teacher, caretaker, domestic laborer, private sports coach, or private nurse.
- Chauffeur, sailor, or security guard.
Rights Of Domestic Workers In UAE, 2022
The UAE domestic labor law protects the domestic workers in their workplace from the bad behavior of the employee. It gives exclusive domestic workers rights. According to the UAE domestic labor law, the main prominent rights are:
- Wage- The monthly payment of the domestic worker must have to do within 10 days. It is counted from the due date. Domestic workers must get minimum wages according to their workload. Minimum salary of AED 1100 must be paid on monthly basis to the housemaid or houseworker.
- Holiday- According to domestic workers right in UAE, they should get at least one day's leave every week. The employer can not deduct the salary for the one-day leave.
- Rest- Rest is important for every individual. Domestic workers hired from outside or inside UAE must also get proper rest. Daily 8 hours rest time for sleep must be given to the workers. Additionally, extra four hours of rest for domestic workers have to give
- Vacation- Domestic workers hired from foreign countries and currently working in UAE. They can get one month or 30 days of paid leave every year for vacation. So, they can visit their national Country.
- Medical Insurance- Every expatriate staying in UAE as a resident or a tourist require medical insurance. The person hiring the domestic worker has to give medical insurance to them.
- Medical leave- The domestic workers right in UAE allow them to take 30 days medical leave.
- Round trip ticket- Employer should give their employee (domestic worker) a round ticket trip to their home country. It should be given after every two years.
- Domestic workers should have to be treated respectfully without any mistreatment.
- Domestic workers should not be mistreated on the grounds of caste, color, or religion.
- Proper and nice stay area.
- Meals and attire under employee expenses.
- A domestic worker can file a complaint against an employer for unsolved matters or disputes.
- Employees have to give visa fees to the domestic worker. If the individual is terminated earlier than the contract period.
If the worker is found working somewhere else illegally without employer consent. Then the employee will get the DH 10,000 refund. The other employee who hired the domestic worker illegally has to pay DH 50,000. If the domestic worker leaves UAE without informing the employee. Then absconding case against the individual helper or worker can be filed by the employer. If the helper leaves or does not meet the contract requirements. Then the agency has to pay the employee (for flight tickets) and employer both.
Domestic Workers Hiring Process In UAE
The private agencies that used to hire domestic workers from outside the country are now closed. Now, one can only hire domestic workers through TADBEER. The Tadbeer service center in UAE is now solely responsible for hiring the domestic helper. TADBEER service also takes cares and ensures that UAE domestic labor law must not be violated. Disputes between employee and employer, contract terms and conditions, visa arrangements, flight tickets arrangements, termination, training, and orientation. The TADBEER also takes care of these services.
READ ALSO: HOW TO SPONSOR A SPOUSAL VISA FOR UAE
One should go through and collect the details about the rights of domestic workers in the UAE. Before hiring anyone, and should not violate UAE domestic worker law in any way. Top get the UAE Visa one can visit UAE Visa Online.