laws in uae to remember
- Author- Mansi
- Publish Date-
The United Arab Emirates sometimes referred to as the Emirates, is located in Western Asia. It is located not far from the Arabian Peninsula's easternmost point. The UAE's laws and traditions differ greatly from those of the UK. Use caution to avoid offending anybody, especially if you want to visit places of worship or during the holy month of Ramadan. Even actions that are not strictly unlawful in the UK may result in severe punishments. You must get familiar with and adhere to local customs and laws. To obtain your UAE visa, you can visit Uaevisaonline.
READ ALSO: HOUSEKEEPING JOBS IN UAE
Drugs Laws In UAE
- Trafficking, smuggling, and possession of narcotics (even trace quantities) can carry harsh punishments. There is a possibility of receiving a death sentence for drug trafficking. Even a little quantity of illicit drug possession can result in a minimum three-month jail sentence or a fine between AED 20,000 and AED 100,000. The Emirati government considers blood-stream drug use to be possession. Spice and other natural stimulants are forbidden in the UAE. Possession, concealment, and carrying out transactions with money obtained from drug-related offences are all felonies that can result in jail time and a fine.
- On their route to other locations, many travellers make stops in airports in the UAE. Due to the strong security and technology at UAE airports, transiting travellers with even trace quantities of narcotics may be detained.
Alcohol Laws In UAE
- Alcohol is permitted in licensed establishments and at home for UAE citizens. The two authorized liquor distributors in Dubai will provide visitors with a temporary liquor license for one month. Visitors will be given a code of behaviour paper and asked to attest that they are aware of the policies governing the purchase, transportation, and use of alcoholic beverages in Dubai. Only the Emirate in which it was granted may utilize this license.
- The other Emirates do not provide liquor licenses to non-residents, although tourists and visitors are still permitted to purchase and consume alcohol in establishments with a license, such as bars, restaurants, and hotels. However, you should be aware that it is against the law in the UAE to consume alcohol or be under the effect of it while doing so. British people have been detained and accused of violating this statute, frequently after being reported to the police for a similar offence like unruly or provocative behaviour.
READ ALSO: HOW TO EXTEND UAE COUNTRY VISA PERIODS
Dress Code Laws In UAE
When in public spaces like malls, women should dress modestly. Underwear should not be exposed, and the tops of the arms and legs should be covered by clothing. Only at swimming pools or on beaches should you wear swimming clothes.
Photography Laws In UAE
- It is prohibited to take photos inside several military and governmental structures. Never photograph someone without their permission. Male photographers photographing women on beaches have been imprisoned. Hobbies like watching birds and searching for planes may be misinterpreted, particularly if you live close to military bases, offices of government, or airports.
- If you intend to engage in media activity that involves the creation, transmission, and/or dissemination of written, digital, audio, video, and/or visual content, you must first get the required permission from the Emirati authorities. If not, you run the danger of getting locked up and having to pay a hefty fine.
Financial Crime Laws In UAE
- Financial crimes, such as fraud and failure to pay expenses (including hotel costs), can frequently lead to jail time and/or a fine. It is also possible to freeze bank accounts and other valuables.
- In general, non-residents of the UAE who are detained for financial offences are not eligible for bail. People who have been convicted often won't be freed from jail until the debt is paid or waived, and they could even stay in jail after the debt has been settled if there is still time to serve.
This article was about the local laws in UAE and has all related information about it. The UAE is a great place to visit and every year millions of people visit the UAE. The UAE is famous for its luxury lifestyle and the world wonders about the luxury things that UAE owns. UAE tourist visa can be obtained easily and you can apply for the UAE visa through UAE visa online.