Guide to the Emirates One mission permit
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
The main objective of issuing a mission "UAE work permit"to those people who want to join the local company in UAE. But they only have the intention to work in that company for projects. Generally, if the expatriate is living or working in the United Arab Emirates on one mission permits. Then the employee is not considered a permanent worker. And it is referred to as the probationary worker. One mission permit or mission UAE visa is not popular among expatriates.
UAE mission work permit types
There are two main types of mission permits in the United Arab Emirates:
- Special mission entry permit: The special mission visa is a short-term UAE visa. This special entry visa is not the same as other work permits. This visa can only be used by the holder for a stay of 16 days in the UAE. No more than one entry can be obtained through a mission entry permit. This mission permit type is issued by the Department of Naturalization and Foreign Affairs. The 16 days mission visa is non-renewable and non-extendable.
- Mission permit: The mission permit is provided to eligible and experienced professionals who want to go to work in UAE for the short term. The UAE Mission work permit is a 90 days permit. But you should be careful it can be exactly three months. And sometimes it may not be exactly for three months. A Mission visa or permit is issued by the ministry of labor. This is renewable and validity is more than a special mission visa.
UAE mission work permit eligibility
- Employers or companies can recruit foreign nationals after registering at the ministry of labor.
- The eligibility for quota to hire expatriates can only be known during the time of application.
- Eligibility criteria are based on the company's project or activity.
- The Ministry of labor formulates the eligibility criteria for mission visas.
Before 2018, companies have to give a guarantee of AED 24,000 to hire foreign nationals on UAE mission work permits. But after the latest amendment, there is no need to submit a Bank guarantee.
Process for one mission permit application
The steps one has to follow for one mission permit or mission visa application are:
- The first step for application is to apply for a Mission visa (90 days) at the Ministry of labor.
- The mission visa application process has to be carried out by the PRO of the hiring company.
- The company has to register and should also apply for the UAE mission work permit
- After the hiring company gets the quota percentage and guidelines for Eligibility criteria. Then the application for a mission visa should be submitted.
- Take the signature of the employee on the mission visa application.
- After receiving the approval of the mission visa for UAE.
- Mission entry permit application must be submitted.
- After receiving the valid mission entry for UAE. Then the hired person can enter UAE. The Ministry of Labor also provides "UAE visa insurance" to expatriates working under this type of UAE work permit.
- After entering UAE and getting an entry visa stamp on the passport. Employees should submit a copy of the UAE mission visa to the company or employer.
- Employees also have to apply for a labor contract.
- Employees should read the terms and sign the labor contract.
- It should be submitted for approval. After approval, the employee will get a labor card as well as a UAE labor contract.
Requirements for UAE mission work permit
- Company's trade license copy
- Passport (original passport has to be submitted for the medical test)
- Educational certificate
- Valid establishment card (company or employer)
- UAE passport (employer)
- e-signature card
The employee has to be outside the United Arab Emirates to apply for a mission visa. If the company wants to apply for a second mission visa for the employee. Then it can be done only after the employee labor card cancellation. The employee should leave the country.
READ ALSO: TEMPORARY WORK PERMITS IN UAE
The UAE mission work permit is a 90 days short-term work permit issued to eligible expatriates. Companies usually hire foreign nationals on mission visas for short-term projects. The visa rules for mission permits can change.