uae family visa
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
Want to move into UAE with your family members? Want to sponsor visas for parents, spouse or your children? Not sure how to proceed with visa for your other family members? Are you aware that you can sponsor visas for your family member by applying for UAE Family Visa? Well, here is the place where all your doubts will get solved. To continue reading the entire article to clear all your doubts related to UAE Family Visa or Dependant visa.
- What is UAE Family Visa?
- Why apply UAE Family Visa?
- Basic requirements for UAE Family Visa sponsorship
- Sponsor UAE Family Visa to Parents
- A woman may sponsor a UAE visa for family
- Documents required for UAE Family Visa / Dependant visa
- Duration of UAE Family Visa
- Renewal of UAE Family Visa
What is UAE Family Visa?
UAE Family Visa also termed as dependant visa is a type of visas that will be needed is you are planning to enter UAE with your family members. With the help for a UAE Family Visa, you can sponsor visas to your spouse, parents or children below age 18. If you are working in UAE, you are likely to apply for visas for children, spouse and other dependants.
Read Also: 14 Days UAE Visa
Why Apply UAE Family Visa?
Many working employees in the UAE are majorly living away from their family. A lot of working population in UAE are from other countries who have shifted their base and left their families behind to earn money. With the help of UAE Family Visa, there is an advantage for working professional. They can now have their families along with them.
Any employer or employee who has a valid UAE residency visa are eligible for UAE Family Visa. They can sponsor their families as well as any immediate family members. Family members are issued a visa for 2-3 years approximately. The visa can be renewed before the expiry of the previous visa
Basic requirements for UAE Family Visa sponsorship
- Any expatriate residency who have a valid residency permit can sponsor visas for their families in UAE.
- There is no restriction in the type of profession for expatriate workers to sponsor visas for their families. They just need to meet the wages requirement.
- If a father who is residing in the UAE can meet the criteria to sponsor their children, then the mother will not be allowed to sponsor them.
- You can also sponsor visas for drivers and nannies.
- Both the male and female dependants will have to undergo the medical fitness test at government-approved hospitals or health care centres. The dependants will be tested for particularly HIV and Tuberculosis (communicable diseases). And in case a defendant is found unfit then they will immediately be deported.
Read Also: UAE Visa Online Services
Sponsor UAE Family Visa to Parents
Any employee can sponsor visas for their parents for almost a year by paying the deposit for each parent. You can sponsor a visa for your parent by submitting proof that you are their only support and nobody else can take care of them. If your parents are divorced and you are applying visa for a single parent, you will have to submit a relevant document to justify the reason for sponsoring a visa for a single parent. You will also have to meet the minimum salary criteria along with obtaining medical insurance policy for your parents. Medical insurance must be renewed annually. The government has stated that the minimum of Dh.20,000 or a monthly pay of Dh.19,000 and two-bedroom accommodation is a must for you to sponsor visas for your parents.
A woman may sponsor a visa for family
A woman is now eligible to sponsor a visa for her family if the monthly salary is Dh.10,000. They will be needing special permission from DNRD - Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department. A single mother can also sponsor a visa for her child.
Read Also: UAE Visa Application
Documents required for UAE Family Visa / Dependant visa
Below are the sponsorship requirements set by General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs that need to be fulfilled to apply UAE Family Visa:
- Copy of passport with a validity of 6 months minimum for wife and children.
- Photographs of wife and children
- Medical clearance certificate.
- Employment contract copy has to be submitted
- Salary slip certificate from the employer
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate for children
- If your daughter is over 18 years of age, then you will have to submit a written statement testifying that they are unmarried.
- Recent utility bill
Duration of UAE Family Visa
In case you are planning to apply for dependant’s residency visa, you must ensure to do so within 60 days from entering UAE. A family member will be issued a visa for 2-3 years depending on the nature of work. In case an adult male is pursuing their education and have sponsored their parents, they will be allowed to enjoy the same visa duration as their sponsor. In this case, adult males and their parent’s residence visa is granted on yearly basis irrespective of visa duration.
Read Also: UAE Tourist Visa Online
Renewal of UAE Family Visa
The UAE Family Visa permit is linked to the residency permit of their sponsor. If the sponsor’s residency visa is cancelled then the dependent visa will also get cancelled. The dependent is granted with 30 days grace period from the date of expiry of their visa to obtain a new visa. If the sponsor forgets to renew the visa of dependents, then they will be considered an illegal resident and will be liable for penalties.
- Can we have a UAE Family Visa in UAE?
Yes, If approved by relevant authorities. If you are outside UAE then you cannot hold a UAE Family Visa.
- Can I sponsor a UAE Family Visa for my brother or sister in UAE?
Your brother and sister are classified as the first-degree relative. Your parents, children and siblings fall under this category. You can sponsor their UAE Family Visa.
- How will I be able to sponsor my Family in UAE?
Please read the article above very carefully. You will be needing official employment in the UAE. You will have to need the requirement to sponsor your family.