driving rules in uae all you need to know
- Author- Jazmin
- Publish Date-
Dubai is considered to be one of the foremost populous cities within the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and therefore the capital of the Emirates of Dubai attracts approximately 10milliom people per annum. Many people dream of Dubai driving within the luxury cars and on the attractive roads, it offers to enjoy life to the fullest. But there are many rules and regulations that folks must know before driving a car in Dubai. This is why UAE Visa Online will not only let you get an insight on the Dubai driving rules but will also let you in on visit UAE with e visa and explore the nightlife of UAE while following all the rules and regulations!
The Basic Rules Of The Road
- Roads in Dubai are one in all the most effective within the whole world. There are lots of interchanges that sometimes may be seen as ambiguous. Thus it's recommended to shop for a neighborhood SIM card to use as a navigator. Being a right driven country, the roundabout at the intersections: the priority is given to those that circulate. In Dubai, people don't seem to be allowed to exceed the utmost regulation. In cities, the utmost regulation is 60km/h, while within the countryside its about 100km/h. the price if spending starts from 100AED( Arab Emirates Dirham)
- Everyone within the car, including those within the back seat, are required to wear seatbelts in any respect times. Failure to comply will end in an AED 400 fine for every person not wearing a seatbelt, plus 4 Black Points(stringent penalties to discourage drivers from breaking the law) for the driving force. Also, car seats are mandatory for kids but four years old.
- If the entire number of Black Points exceeds 24points on the Dubai driving license then, the license is suspended for a set period of your time and you cannot drive any vehicle during that period.
- Failing to prevent at red lights leads to an AED 1,000 fine, 12 black points, and 30-days car confiscation. Also, drivers getting distracted by mobile phones will face an AED 800 fine and 4 black points.
- A hefty fine of an AED 1,000 and 6 black points will be imposed on drivers who don't settle to police, ambulance, and official vehicles.
- AED 1,000 fine is meted to drivers plus 16 black points for failing to prevent after causing an accident that resulted in injuries.
- Causing the death of others will lead you to 23 black points apart from 60days car suspension and a hefty penalty to be decided by the court.
- Alcoholic drivers tend to face a penalty that will be determined by the court apart from which 23black points and 90-days vehicle confiscation will also be carried out.
- Drivers under the influence of medication or similar substances will get their license suspended for a year plus 60-days vehicle confiscation and penalty to be decided by the court.
- Driving recklessly and emerging others is subject to an AED 2,000 fine, 23black points, and 60-days car confiscation. Also not using indicators when changing direction or turning are going to be fined AED 400.
- Exceeding passenger limit gets AED 500 fine, four black points, and seven-days car confiscation. Parking illegally also costs AED 500 fine.
Arrested In Dubai?
The most serious violation is driving without the corresponding driving license. It should be either a neighborhood driving permit or an international driving permit in Dubai. National license isn't considered legal in Dubai.
Are Locals a Threat To Foreigners?
In the United Arab Emirates, it is not that common to treat foreigners with indulgence. The thing is that tourists are blamed for a lot of car accidents since they fail to induce won't to local street features and violate traffic rules in an exceedingly big way. Driving in Dubai is often tough for tourists.
Even though Dubai driving is not all that easy, once you get a hang of it you can surely have your way!