How to get a Refund for a Visa Deposit in UAE
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
What is GDRFA?
GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs) is a government organization that regulates foreign travel into and out of the UAE. The services provided by the GDRFA are directly for tourists and ex-pats in Dubai. They support people who are entering or exiting the country.
GDRFA also provide an opportunity for an individual to work in UAE-based companies and also sponsor their family member who is living with them in UAE. Just because of the excellent way of work by GDRFA, those who enter the Emirates either as a tourist or as a professional make a significant contribution to the economy of UAE.
What are the Emirates Visa Security Deposit?
The GDRFA has launched a scheme called the UAE Visa Security Deposit so that they can save the country from people who are illegal immigrants. The Emirates is one of the top five destinations globally, with millions of individuals from all over the world applying to either visit the country and its culture, attend business seminars, work in the Emirates, or settle down in this magnificent country.
There are a lot of cases where people enter the country by following all the correct procedures. But once they enter the country, they stay there for a more extended period without taking permission. And sometimes, they usually settle down with a faulty visa.
And to stop this illegal activity, the UAE immigration department decided to take some money as a security deposit while entering the country. And whenever the person exits the country, they will deduct some money if they find that the person has violated the rules as per the visa provided (extended period of staying) to him/her.
If you apply for your Visa through a travel agency or book your Visa through a site like UAE Visa Online, you can avoid paying large amounts of security deposit fees.
Applying for your Visa through a travel agency will help you save money on your trip while also providing a hassle-free service.
How to get a Refund for a Visa Deposit from GDRFA?
- The amount will be refunded directly to the person’s account when the person exits from the UAE.
- Before transferring the amount, the immigration centre of the Emirates first checks whether the person has taken an exit from the country on time. And if the person has booked the tourist visa from the travel agency, i.e. uaevisaonline.com, they also check whether the agency has cleared all the dues on behalf of the traveller.
- You can also apply for approval using the GDRFA's web page. You will be asked to enter your Resident File Number during the application procedure. This number can be located in your visa's File section. After you've finished the online application, go to the GDRFA website to check the progress of your application.
The procedure to apply for a UAE tourist visa through UAE Visa Online is as follows:
- You can apply from the website of UAE Visa Online.
- Once you visit the website, the front page will ask you to “select the citizenship country”.
- Then select the “living country” of the person and click on “apply for UAE visa”
- Then select one “type of visa” as per your plan. Then click on “Proceed to apply”
- The page will direct you to fill in all your details and upload all the required documents.
- Then click on either “Submit & add more applicants” or “Submit & proceed to pay”
- Then the page will direct you to the payment portal and pay the UAE visa fee.
- Then the application will go for approval.
- You can also track the status of your application process on our website.