All About Part time work permit UAE
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
UAE government made it legal for the employee to work in the United Arab Emirates for two employers. In 2010, according to the amendment in UAE labor foreign nationals can have full-time work and part-time work too. Mostly full-time work timing in UAE is around 8 hours a day. So, there is time for applying for a part-time job that is way more flexible and comfortable. If you are working less than 8 hours, it can be considered part-time work in UAE.
READ ALSO: UAE WORK VISA GUIDE
UAE Part-Time Work Permit
You can do part-time work in UAE only after you meet a certain requirement. You have to apply for a UAE part-time work permit to work anywhere inside the country as a part-time employee. The amendment in the year 2010 led to a major shift. It become easier and legal for people to get two jobs at one time. The UAE part-time work permit is issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. The work permit can be used for one year from the date of issuance. It is illegal to do a second job without a UAE part-time work permit. The expatriates can get another job with their current job and working hours has to be less than 8 hours.
Eligibility for getting a part-time work permit in UAE
Only those Expatriates or residents are eligible:
- Age limit - 18 years. Anyone who is below the age limit can't get a UAE part-time work permit.
- A valid residence visa in UAE is mandatory. You have to be a resident of the Emirates to get a part-time work permit.
- Applicant must have a permanent job and work permit.
- Expatriates are also eligible for a part-time work permit. If they are in UAE on a family visa.
- Anyone holding a UAE tourist visa is not eligible for involvement in any kind of part-time work job in the UAE.
- If the person is more than 65 years old, then he or she can not apply for a part-time work permit.
UAE part-time work permit requirements
To do part-time work legally in UAE. Meeting up the eligibility criteria and completing the part-time work permit is also mandatory. Your sponsor or employer will submit the documents to MOHRE for the permit. The Requirements are as follows:
- Employee or applicant national passport copy.
- The applicant or employee colored photograph (with light background and passport size).
- A job offer letter and contract letter copy.
- UAE residence visa copy (6 months validity).
- Copy of Academic qualifications and certificate.
- No objection certificate (applicant full-time employer should know about employee part-time job).
- Trade license copy of first full-time job and second part-time job.
READ ALSO: UAE REMOTE WORK VISA
Applying for a UAE part-time work permit
The employer is in charge or responsible for sending applications and documents related to the UAE part-time work permits. There are two ways the employer can get a part-time work permit. First, to apply offline employers can visit the nearest TASHEEL Services. Your employer can choose the second easy option. To apply for a UAE part-time work permit, the Employer can go to the MOHRE online website. The employer and the employee should also sign the agreement. To ensure that the employer is aware of the salary and job of the part-time employee.
UAE part-time work permit fee
UAE part-time work permit application fee
UAE part-time work permit fee
MOHRE also allows companies to recruit part-time workers inside UAE. Under a part-time work contract, MOHRE implemented a new part-time work rule in the year 2018. The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation stated that now skilled or talented people can be recruited from outside or inside UAE. But this is limited to highly professional people. According to this contract, the part-time contract employee has the freedom to work in many part-time jobs. But it should be done with the proper agreement of MOHRE. Other residents and employees also have to take UAE part-time work permits to do part-time work in UAE.